Friday 12 August 2016

Bullet Journal: Journal with Purpose Six Week Challenge - Week 1

I think I used to be organised. I remember a time when I could have an active social life that fitted nicely around my work life. Recently I have found I have very little time in the evenings and weekends fly by without really achieving anything. Not necessarily big tasks like redecorating the house or solving the world financial crisis - just going to the cinema would have meant I have left the house and done something for me and also with Chris.

I used to keep a diary with daily tasks when I was a Post Doc in Glasgow but my job now doesn't really lend itself to this and I have tried to keep a diary for me and found I never have time (and sometimes the inclination) to do it. I have followed many 'Bullet Journallers' on Instagram and thought this was exactly what I needed!

I came across the lovely Helen Colebrook on Instagram, Helen then started a blog (Journal with Purpose) and a YouTube Channel - Well Helen, hello from your new stalker! Helen has also started a Six Week Challenge (How do you have time for all of this?! Oh wait... the Bullet Journal...) which I am going to try, So I hopped on to the internet, tracked down and purchased (not as easy as it sounds at the moment!) a Leuchtturm 1917 Bullet Journal.



I know I could have used and old note book but I thought I would try this first as it has all the features needed for a bullet journal including instructions and hints and tips.


The first week of the challenge is to think about what you would like to be remembered for at your funeral. Not in a morbid way but in a this is what I want my life to be kind of way. And to also think what you would liek to have achieved in life. So here are my pages:



I found some of this quite difficult as I don't yet have children and thinking of their children is quite surreal. I loved doing these pages though and I hope they will make me focus on what is important.

Now to think about my weekly layout to organise my life!

Thanks for stopping by.

Stay crafty,
Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment